List of agencies of the United Nations, and other international agencies and organizations notified by the Central Government to be not covered by the definition of 'foreign source', under section 2(1)(j)(ii) of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010.
In simpler words, any donations, contribution or grants received from such organization would not be treated as FCRA funds and instead, should be deposited in the local accounts and treated as a local fund.
1. Office of Internal Oversight Services, New York.
2. Office of Legal Affairs, New York.
3. Department of Political Affairs, New York.
4. Department for Disarmament Affairs, New York.
5. Department of Peacekeeping Operations, New York.
6. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, New York.
7. Department of Economic and Social Affairs, New York.
8. Department for General Assembly Affairs and Conference Services, New York.
9. Department of Public Information, New York.
10. Department of Management, New York.
11. United Nations Office at Geneva.
12. United Nations Office at Vienna.
13.United Nations Office at Nairobi.
14.International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women (INSTRAW), Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
15.Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), Geneva.
16. Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Geneva.
17. Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Geneva.
18. United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), New York.
19. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Geneva.
20. United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), New York.
21. United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR), Geneva.
22. United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), Geneva.
23. United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), Rome.
24. United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), New York.
25. United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), Gaza and Amman.
26. United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD), Geneva.
27. United Nations University (UNU), Tokyo. 28. United Nations Volunteers (UNV), Bonn.
29.United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), New York.
30. United Nations Development program (UNDP), New York.
31. United Nations Environment program (UNEP), Nairobi.
32. United Nations International Drug Control program (UNDCP), Vienna.
33. United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), New York
34.World Food program (WFP), Rome.
35.Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
36. Economic Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Bangkok, Thailand.
37. Economic Commission for Europe (ECE), Geneva.
38. Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), Santiago, Chile.
39. Economic Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), Beirut, Lebanon.
40.International Seabed Authority, Kingston
41. International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, Hamburg.
42. Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf, United Nations Divisions for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, New York.
43.Secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Bonn.
44. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Geneva.
45. Ozone Secretariat to the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer and the Montreal Protocol on Substance that Deplete the Ozone Layer, Nairobi.
46. Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), Montreal.
47. Secretariat of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), Geneva.
48. UNEP/CMS Secretariat of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS or Bonn Convention), Bonn.
49. Secretariat of the Basel Convention on the Control of Trans-boundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal, Geneva
50. Secretariat of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification in Countries Experiencing Serious Drought /or Desertification, especially in Africa (CCD), Bonn.
51. Global Environment Facility, Washington D.C. 52. Bureau (Secretariat) of the Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar), Gland, Switzerland.
53. International Labour Organization (ILO), Geneva.
54. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Rome.
55. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Paris.
56. International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Montreal.
57. World Health Organization, Geneva.
58. Universal Postal Union (UPO), Berne, Switzerland.
59. International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Geneva.
60. World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Geneva.
61. International Maritime Organization (IMO), London.
62. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva.
63. International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome.
64. United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Vienna.
65.International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), Washington D.C.
66. International Development Association (IDA), Washington D.C.
67. International Monetary Fund (IMF) Washington D.C.
68. International Finance Corporation (IFC), Washington D.C.
69. Associated Organizations of World Bank Group:
A) International Centre for the settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), Washington D.C.
B) Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), Washington D.C.
C) Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), Washington D.C. (It has 16 Research centers)
i.International Plant Genetic Resource Institute (IPGRI), Rome.
ii. International Wheat and Maize Improvement Centre (CIMMYT), Mexico.
iii. International Centre for Living Aquatic Resource Management (ICLARM), Philippines.
iv. International Irrigation Management Institute (IIMI), Colombo.
v. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) Washington D.C.
vi. International Centre of Research in Agro-forestry (ICRAF), Nairobi.
International Centre for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas (ICARDA), Syria.
viii.International Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), Columbia. I
ix. International livestock Research Institute (ILRI), Nairobi.
x. West Africa Development Association (WARDA), Abidjan.
xi. International Service Of National Agricultural Research (ISNAR), The Netherlands.
xii International Crops Research Institute For the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Hyderabad.
xiii International Rice Research Institute, Manila, Philippines.
xiv. International Potato Centre, Peru.
xv. Centre for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Indonesia.
xvi. International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Nigeria.
70.African development Bank (ADB), Abidjan.
71. Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Washington D.C.
72. Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila.
73. Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), St. Michael, Barbados.
74.International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Vienna.
75. Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), The Hague.
76. Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) for the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), Vienna.
77. International Consultative Group on Food Irradiation (ICGFI), Vienna.
78. International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), Vienna.
79. International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO (ITC), Geneva.
80. International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV), Geneva.
81. World Tourism Organization (WTO/OMT), Madrid.
82. World Food Council (WFC).
83. United Nations Social defense Research Institute (UNSDRI).
84. United Nations Statistical Office (UNSCO).
85.United Nations Outer Space Committee.
86. International Sugar Organization, London.
87. Asian Productivity Organization, Tokyo.
88. Asian and Pacific Development Administration, Kuala Lumpur.
89. Asian African Legal Consultative Committee, New Delhi.
90. Asia/Pacific Cultural Centre for UNESCO (ACCU), Japan.
91. Commonwealth Secretariat, London.
92. Afro-Asian Rural Reconstruction Organization (AARRO), New Delhi.
93. Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific, (CIRDAP), Dhaka.
94. International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi.
95. Asia and Pacific Centre of Transfer of Technology (APCTT), New Delhi.
96. Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre). New Delhi.
97. Commonwealth Agricultural Bureau International (CABI), UK.
98. The Asia Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institution (APAARI), Bangkok
99. The Regional Co-ordination center for Research and Development of coarse Grains, Pulses, Roots and Tuber crops in the Humid Tropics of Asia and the Pacific (CGPRT Centre), Indonesia.
100. The Regional Network for Agriculture Machinery (RNAM), Bangkok.
101. Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (CGRFA), Rome. 102. The International Seeds Testing Association (ISTA), Zurich.
103. International Water Management Institute (IMI), Sri Lanka.
(Notified in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, and Part II-Section 3- Sub (section (ii) vide S.O. No. 1014 (E) dated the 13th November, 2000).
104. World Trade Organization (WTO), Geneva, Switzerland
105. International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Geneva, Switzerland
106. Common Fund for Commodities (CFC), Amsterdam, Netherlands 107. International Cotton Advisory Committee, Washington, USA
108. The Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Geneva, Switzerland.
(Added vide Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II-Section 3- Sub-section (ii) vide S.O. No. 1133 (E) dated the 1st May, 2009).
109. Global Development Network (GDN) (Added vide Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II-Section 3- Sub-section (ii) vide S.O. No.1433 (E) dated the 20th June, 2011).