Overview of FCRA registration
An organization having a definite cultural, economic, educational, religious or social program shall accept foreign contribution, only after such organization obtains a certificate of registration from the Central Government.
In order to be eligible to apply for proper FCRA registration following minimum requirements must be met with:
- Be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 or section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 etc.
- An association should be in existence for atleast 3 years and has undertaken reasonable activity in its chosen field for the benefit of the society for which the Foreign Contribution is proposed to be utilized.
- An association should have spent at least Rs.10, 00,000/- over the last 3 years on its aims and objects, excluding administrative expenditure.
- An association should have 12A registration certificate as well as registration certificate also.
- Go to Ministry of home affairs website by typing in address of web browser, http://fcraonline.nic.in
- Create a Login ID
- Fill form FC-3A which is a FCRA Registration Form
- Upload required documents for registration
- Pay Fees @ 5000 and print the Application
Documents Required for the FCRA Registration
Following documents are necessary for the registration under FCRA such as
- Registration Certificate of Association.
- Memorandum of Association/Trust deed.
- Activity Report for the last three years.
- Audited Statement of accounts for the last 3 years.
- Associations has to upload affidavit of each key functionary.
- Images of Chief Functionary signature and Seal of the Association which are saved in JPG/JPEG format.
- Details of the designated Bank Account in SBI, Sand Marg Branch, New Delhi.
- List of Governing Body.
- Name of the chief functionary and mobile Number.
- Copy of PAN Card of the Trust / Society.
- Aadhar of the Board members in case of Indian members and copy of passport or overseas citizen card (OCI) in case of Foreign Members.
Sample Copy of form FC- 3A is here