Overview of FCRA registration
An organization having a definite cultural, economic, educational, religious or social program shall accept foreign contribution, only after such organization obtains a certificate of registration from the Central Government.
In order to be eligible to apply for proper FCRA registration following minimum requirements must be met with:
- Be registered under the society’s registration Act, 1860 or the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 or section 8 of the companies Act, 2013 etc.
- An association should have spent at least Rs.10, 00,000/- over the last 3 years on its aims and objects, excluding administrative expenditure.
- An association should have 12A registration certificate as well as registration certificate also.
- Normally be in existence for at least three years and has undertaken reasonable activity in its chosen field for the benefit of the society for which the foreign contribution is proposed to be utilized.
- Go to Ministry of home affairs website by typing in address of web browser, http://fcraonline.nic.in
- Create a Login ID
- Fill form FC-3A which is a FCRA Registration Form
- Upload required documents for registration
- Pay Fees @ 5000 and print the Application
Sample Copy of form FC- 3A is here
Documents Required for the FCRA Registration
Following documents are necessary for the registration under FCRA such as
- Registration Certificate of Association.
- Memorandum of Association/Trust deed.
- Activity Report for the last three years.
- Audited Statement of accounts for the last 3 years.
- Associations has to upload affidavit of each key functionary.
- Images of Chief Functionary signature and Seal of the Association which are saved in JPG/JPEG format.
- Bank Details such as Name, Account Number and Address.
- List of Governing Body.
- Name of the chief functionary and mobile Number.
- Copy of PAN Card of the Trust / Society.