- The new FCRA 2010 has limited the validity of the registration certificate for a period of 5 years. It may be noted that in the old law FCRA registration was virtually permanent in nature unless it was revoked. FCRA 2010 provides for renewal of registration of organizations after every 5 years.
- Association which desire to renew their registration certificate may apply online in Form FC-3C six months before the expiry of their existing registration.
- The existing registration under FCRA, 2010, will cease from the date of completion of the period of five years from the date of grant of registration and will not be eligible for receiving of foreign contribution and will not be eligible for receiving of foreign contribution. In such a case, the association has to apply afresh for grant of registration.
Procedure for Renewal of FCRA Registration
- Go to Ministry of home affairs website by typing in address of web browser, http://fcraonline.nic.in
- Create a login ID
- Fill Form FC-3C which a Registration Form
- Upload required documents for registration
- Pay Fees @ 1500 and print the application
Sample copy of Form FC-3C find here
Delayed Application for Renewal
In case an NGO fails to apply for renewal within the due date, its registration shall become invalid. However, the department may condone the delay if satisfactory reasons for not submitting the renewal application are provided. A delayed application for renewal can be filed up to 1 year from the date of the expiry of the FCRA Certificate
Rule 12(6) of FC(R) Rules 2011 provides that in case no application for renewal of registration is received or such application is not accompanied by the requisite fee, the validity of the certificate of registration of such person shall be deemed to have ceased from the date of completion of the period of five years from the date of the grant of registration. For example, if no application is received or is not accompanied by the renewal fee, the validity of the registration certificate issued on the 1st November, 2016 shall be deemed to have lapsed with effect from the close of the day on 31st October, 2021.
An application made for the renewal of the registration shall be accompanied by a fee of Rs. 1500 (Fifteen hundred only) and a delayed renewal application shall be accompanied by a fee of Rs. 5000(Five thousand only).
Documents required for the renewal of the FCRA Registration
Following documents are necessary for the renewal of FCRA registration
- Image of signature of Chief Functionary
- Image of seal of the Association.
- Registration certificate of the Association
- Memorandum of Association/ Trust Deed.
- FCRA Registration Certificate of Association issued by MHA.
- Associations has to upload affidavit of each key functionary